Thursday, June 26, 2014

Salmon in Coconut Milk



I'm not sure if I can contain my excitement or focus long enough to write this blog post. 

You see, I'm going on vacation tomorrow. Not just any vacation. I'm going on my first vacation after having my Daughter nearly 8 months ago. 

Sure, it's only Palm Springs. It's only 1.5 hours away from home, so what? It's a vacation! 
I'm sure I'm underestimating the amount of separation anxiety I'll experience, but I'm gonna choose to embrace the time away. 

"You'll get to sleep all night and as late as you want" my Husband says. "Sold" says me. One long pregnancy and 8 short months (whoa, that went fast!) I get to drink a couple glasses of wine without being sobered by Mom duties, sleep a whole night through, read a book without folding every corner, and most importantly, go 3 whole days without washing a baby bottle. Yipee! 

Since this vacation is so deserved and anticipated, I'm leaving you guys (anyone out there? cricket...cricket) with a recipe and I'm signing off of all social media accounts until Monday. Will I survive? Not sure. But, I'm going to enjoy the time away from working. Cheers! 

Introducing- Your new favorite way to prepare Salmon... 

Salmon in Coconut Milk 
4 salmon portions, skin off 
1 Cup Vegetable broth
1 Can Coconut Milk 
1 Tablespoon coconut oil 
1 lime, sliced in half 
salt and pepper

  • Pour the vegetable broth and coconut milk into a medium skillet, add the coconut oil and place on high heat. 
  • When the liquid has reached a boil, season salmon with salt and pepper and add it to the pan, presentation side down. Add the lime slices, flesh-side down. 
  • Turn the heat to medium-high and let salmon simmer for 3 minutes. Flip salmon over, cover the skillet, and let it cook for 2-3 minutes more, or until salmon has reached desired doneness. 
  • I serve mine with brown rice or a cold soba noodle salad. 

No comments:

Post a Comment